Friday, January 29, 2010

Grandpa makes it to his 90 th birthday



Whilst this blog is not meant to be about my family I hope you will forgive my indulgence this week.
On the 14 th January Dad was admitted to hospital, seriously ill.
On the 15 th my husband was admitted to the same hospital, having suffered a massive stroke, he died some hours later.
On the 20th was hubby's funeral
The 21 st was the 17 th anniversary of the accident which left my son, Trevor, a quadriplegic
The 25 th is Grandpa's 90 th birthday ..... so good to have something joyful.
We managed to give dad a surprise party and the postcard above was sent to dad without me knowing anything about it.
The card arrived on THE day!
Well done Marian ... and a huge "THANK YOU'












This top hat is the one that was on the cake.
Dad had to flip his ears out to hold the hat on!!!!

Clara, a long time friend, shares her birthday with grandpa - as she says they are twins seperated by 60 years!
Clara and Greg also got engaged today, unfortunately I did not get a photo of the happy couple.



Leann giving her grandpa a hug for his special birthday

5 comments:

  1. wow what a wonderful party and 90 is a lot of years. I agree great postcard. Can I put my name down for one too... mind you it will be many years before I hit such a ajestic age.

    Hope this year is the start to a beautiful and happy future for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great postcard, lively looking bloke, too!!!!
    What a lot of January you have had - far too much of it!
    Love and hugs and thoughts,
    Jas
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos Sandy, your dad enjoyed his birthday looks like. What a milestone for him and the family.
    Love
    nan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy,
    Give your dad a big hug for me and tell him I hope I photograph half as well at his age! Blessings to both of you.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete