Saturday, December 12, 2009

Meant to be Friday's flaunt but I am late

All the prompts were in for the Loosen up!! ATC card swap
so here they are cut apart and finished off.
They are now on their way to the recipients.
Well those that are being swapped are on their way - my background piece of fabric was a little larger than stated but I did not cut it down to size so now I have spares for casual swapping.

Have received one card and it is soooo different to the way I made mine, will be interesting to see how others interpreted the theme.

There were two choices given for each prompt
my choices were:
#1 - "randomly with eyes closed choose a fabric from your scrap bucket"
I had been cutting up the shirts for Carolina Christmas quilt so it was the shirt seams that came to hand.
#2 -"add something you find in the kitchen"
Used an onion bag
#3 - "add two more colours"
I threaded two rinnons through the mesh of the onion bag
#4 - "do a fancy embroidery stitch"
My machine for embroidery is at the doctors so used a stitch on my ever reliable old workhorse machine using variegated thread, was disapointed with the result - used the same thread for the edging of the cards.
#5 - "add beads"
added small brown beads
#6 - "partly cover something"
Used red tulle.
Certainly took me out of my comfort zone.


No comments:

Post a Comment